Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 8: Reflection after the action was taken



 We are near to the end of our online course.  I have implemented what I have learned in the course with technology enhanced project with my students in my campus. The project provided me an opportunity to integrate the various  modern technologies  instead of traditional  lecture  method  in  my class. This week I was busy with project report, reading my peer’s   draft report and providing developmental feedback and creating course site and exploring more tools. I also took part  in class discussion as usual in our  discussion forum.

 I prepared   draft report of my course    project which  we conducted for last three weeks. and sent it to Mukti   who is my peer reviewer. He has given some suggestions to make it more clear. We have been working together. I also read his draft report and provided some developmental feedback. We are learning much from each other. To prepare draft project was easy because we have   been working on it from the second week. We have been collecting   the required   information every week. Now I am refining my project report following my peer’s suggestions and consulting the rubric given by our course instructor. She is really working hard to make sure we all are walking on right track.

 The real challenging task of the week was creating course site. When I had first seen our course main website i.e. Google site I dreamed myself   creating a similar site for my students. I tried two weeks ago. I was much confused at first. I just created the site and left without filling much content. As I saw the weekly task of creating the course I decided to complete my Google site. I stared to work again. With many trails and errors I completed my Google site for B.ED students. I must admit that it does not have great contents now.  Editing the site took much time. Now I can focus on content. I learned some ticks of editing the site but not all.  In addition to Google site I  created  Nicenet  Class for my B.ED students. It was very easy for me. It is discussion forum for my students.
  
 Our discussion topic  for this week was online tools. I explored  ANVIL. It is great as it provides platform to integrate text,audio and video for teaching. It is still difficult for us to use  audio and video from Internet because of limited bandwidth.    We  have not discussed much  on usefulness of  different online tools.. I know the reason we are busy with project reports and creating  course sites. 

 The students are sending me email giving me their feedback on our project. I am encouraging them to  write email . The students are interested to learn with technology. I have planted the seeds, I will keep on watering.I hope they  they will germinate, grow and bloom and  produce many seed for new generation. Let me see how big  they grow in future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krishna. I had told you yesterday in our forum discussion that I was a little bit disappointed with my site project in Google Sites, especially after I saw yours; however, now that I read that you initially had gone through a similar situation, I feel at little bit better. I am happy to see that we all are going through similar situations, no matter where we live.

    I think, as I mentioned it yesterday, that you did a great job with your page in Google Sites; that motivates me to do a similar job. I am also happy to see that we are putting into practice what we have been learning in this course. I, and I think you and the rest of classmates, have been witness of the progress and change in our classroom due to the impact of the technological devices we have been introduced here.

    Keep up the good job, my friend. Warm regards from Costa Rica.
    Héctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Krishna,

    Your courage and effort to take up creating a course site is commendable. Furthermore, what you have done has come from your drive and not just as an imposed task. You should celebrate this endeavor! All the best with the rest of the course.

    Tahsina

    ReplyDelete